Get The Best House Washing Syracuse IN
House Washing Syracuse IN isn’t a subject most homeowners really have talked – or even thought – about often.
While having a clean house is important, to ‘clean house’ usually brings to mind mopping the floors and dusting the shelves.
Miller Soft Wash offers House Washing Syracuse IN and the surrounding areas.
For those that have thought about house washing Syracuse IN, it can be a bit of a mystery as how to get started. Is it as simple as hooking up the hose and aiming it at the house? Are detergents needed? How do you protect your yard during the washing?
Luckily for the residents of Indiana, House washing is our expertise. You don’t need to worry about researching anything about house washing – we have it covered. If you’d like to know a bit more about our methods and why our customers come back to us time and time again – just keep reading. We’ll share some insider secrets with you.
Power Washing vs Soft Washing in Indiana
You’ve probably seen the term “power washing” pop up quite a bit if you’ve been researching House Washing Syracuse IN. One term you probably haven’t seen as much, however, is “soft washing.” Let’s take a look at the differences between the two.
To power wash a house, you need specialized equipment that can shoot highly pressurized hot water. The nozzle should be focused on a tight area, which increases the pressure of the water.
Power washing can be a great tool when cleaning things such as concrete, patios and driveways. Without power washing, you’d have to get on your hands and knees and scrub or clean the small areas with a scrub brush.
Power washing is not great for house washing, however. If your house is made of wood, there’s a possibility of splintering. One thing you definitely don’t want is for water to be sprayed up under the siding and get water behind the siding which can cause damage. High pressure can also leave lines and marks all over your siding no matter what the material is.
What is the difference between the Term Soft Wash and Power Washing/Pressure Washing?
Although soft wash, power washing and pressure washing seem similar they all use different techniques, equipment, pressure and chemicals.
Power washing and pressure washing use a much more powerful water pressure than soft washing and power washing is typically done with much hotter water than pressure washing. The Soft Washing method is combined with a biodegradable disinfecting cleaning solution to kill the mold, mildew, bacteria, algae, fungus, moss and more.
When should you use the Soft Wash method?
Soft Wash should be used on surfaces that are notoriously hard to get clean with pressure or would be damaged if one were to use high pressure on them such as windows, roof shingles, screens, wood paneling, etc. Soft washing was originally designed for the purpose of cleaning algae off of roof shingles.
Why should you Soft Wash your roof?
Gloeocapsa Magma (algae) is common on roofs and often leaves signature black streaks all over your shingles. This substance thrives in humidity and hot temperatures and spreads out, having a destructive effect on your roof. It feeds off the moisture that certain types of shingles hold on to.
While the roof is effected, it begins to lose its ability to reflect UV rays and eventually rots the shingles. This has been said to effect roofs severely and can take up to 10 years off the life of a roof. Soft washing is the only way to effectively remove this algae without damaging the shingles and voiding any warranty.
The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Associationrecommends low-pressure bleach or detergent assisted washing as the preferred method for cleaning asphalt roofs in order to prevent damage to the shingles.
Pressure washing a roof, even at low pressure, can and will void your warranty and cause granular loss. This means that the integrity of the roof tiles will be compromised due to damage from the intense pressure of the water.
In addition, power-washing only scrubs the surface of the roof without removing the root systems that have grown in, around, and under the tiles.
The Soft Wash technique eliminates all plant, fungal, and bacterial life and any dirt and grime from the roof safely, returning it to its original color with no risk of damage to the roofing materials
How do you Soft Wash?
First you prepare your surrounding area and protect any plants or grass you have around the surface area you are cleaning. Then, you prepare the solution (more on that below).
Once the solution is prepared, load it into an agricultural sprayer to apply to the surface you are cleaning. Soft washing runs water through a pump and hose with very little pressurization.
The pump can also direct the cleaning solution mixture through the hose. Then the hose is directed at the surface being cleaned and the water mixture is sprayed out.
The soft wash system normally consists of higher concentration of cleaning solutions and a higher volume of water versus pressure. Application is gentle, with less pressure than what comes out of your garden hose.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS USED TO SOFT WASH?
In order to Soft Wash, you will need a soft wash system as pictured below which can be obtained from several different retailers such as SIMPSON and JN Equipment. You will also need to use the right nozzles depending on what pressure you are using.
Our House Washing Syracuse IN Method
While house washing may sound like an easy job, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Some things that make us unique to the Indiana house washing industry are:
- Customized Approach – While not all homes look the same, they also aren’t all made of the same materials. Different houses require different cleaning methods.
- Bio-Degradable Detergents – Along with our customized approach comes customized detergents. Not all detergents work on all materials. We like to use bio degradable detergents so as not to pollute the environment.
- Soft Washing – As previously mentioned, soft washing is our method of choice for your House Washing Syracuse IN needs. Soft washing not only makes your home spotless but also greatly decreases the risk of damage.
The biggest reason to hire a house washing service is to take advantage of the expertise. It’s taken years of experience to become experts in knowing how to wash each individual home. No matter what your home is made of, you can rest assured that we have experience washing it.
- Vinyl – Areas around the windows and door frames must be washed carefully and a specialized solution used to avoid damage.
- Stucco – This is such a delicate surface that a soft wash system must be used further away from the house.
- Wood – Soft washing is especially important when dealing with wood, as high pressures could cause wood to splinter. We also take care to soft wash the wood before applying detergents.
- Brick/Stone/Concrete – Since these materials are so porous, we soft wash them before applying detergents. If detergents are applied first, it can be impossible to fully rinse the detergent out.
- Aluminum – Care must be taken as to the angle of the nozzle so that water does not become trapped under the panel overlaps. If the wrong detergent is used as well, the aluminum could become discolored.
If your home is made of a different material, don’t hesitate to contact us. We have experience with plenty more types of homes, which has given us the expertise that our customers trust.
Why House Washing Is So Important
One question we’ve heard often is “Why even bother with house washing?” Let us answer this question for you.
- Protection – It’s imperative that your house be protected against fungus, mold, and algae. Not only are these things unsightly, but they like to trap water against the house. Trapped water means costly damage to your house’s siding.
- Home Restoration – One benefit of house washing is the pride it brings homeowners. If you enjoy spending time outside, wouldn’t it be nice to have a beautiful view of your clean home?
- Increased Curb Appeal – If you plan on selling your home in House Washing Syracuse IN is one of the most important things you can do. Houses that have been recently washed sell for more money than those that have not. The outside of your house is also what invites people in – so you want it to make a good impression on potential buyers.
Only at Miller Soft Wash will you get a 1-year green free house washing guarantee on our service. We want our customers to be satisfied 110% with our services, which is why we’re able to say we have so many repeat customers.
If there are any issues with the service and you’re unsatisfied at all, we’ll either fix the problem or you don’t have to pay.
Syracuse is a town in Turkey Creek Township, Kosciusko County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 3,079 at the 2020 census. Syracuse is the location of Lake Syracuse and the nearby, larger Lake Wawasee, in addition to several other lakes in the region. Wikipedia
Syracuse – Wawasee Trail
Syracuse-Wawasee Historical Museum
DeFries Gardens ‒ River Preserve County Park